Found throughout the Arctic Circle, the polar bear and cub is uniquely adapted to life in these harsh, frigid environments. The carnivores live on seals and Arctic Foxes for meat, and often move between landmasses and the floating masses of ice in the waters of the Arctic Ocean.
Related to the brown bear species, polar bears have several unique adaptations that give them a visible difference to their sister species. Polar bears have larger, padded paws that enable them to swim efficiently compared to brown bears, and have longer snouts and skull shapes than the brown bear. Of course, the most noticeable difference is their white fur. Their fur isn’t actually white. Instead, their hair shafts are often transparent and hollow giving the impression of a white coat
It is a symbol of the power and vastness of Canada’s northern landscape; the Polar Bear is an iconic animal for Canadians. In a nation dominated by weather extremes, the Polar Bear’s ability to survive and thrive in the harshest climate reflects Canadians’ stalwart pragmatism and spirit of adventure. A beautiful coin to add to nature display. Royal Canadian mint gold polar bear & cub is Designed by Canadian artist Germaine Anaktuvuk, this Gold coin features a polar bear and cub engraved in exquisite detail.
Special features of Gold Canadian polar bear and Cub coin:
• UNIQUE COIN WEIGHT: The gold Canadian polar bear and Cub coin was designed using a unique coin weight of ¼ oz. pure gold!
• This premium coin features the iconic polar bear and cub design, crafted in 99.99% pure gold, engraved in exquisite detail and struck in proof finish with mirror-like background.
• Struck to a limited mintage of 2,000 coins available worldwide.
• A stunning addition to any collection featuring Canadian wildlife, images of nature or Canada.
• GST/HST exempt.
Packaging of Polar bear and Cub Coin:
Coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a black beauty box.
Display of Gold Canadian polar bear and cub coin:
- Contains 1/4 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes packaged in protective packaging or in sealed plastic from the mint.
- Obverse: Displays a right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: Features a polar bear and cub in their natural habitat.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Royal Canadian Mint.